Thursday, April 7, 2011

CSR setup

As you all know we were given the option to either do the default lesson plan or a custom learning plan. This was a great idea I think. Depending on your personality we all learn differently. The option of picking your own course really makes you want to learn. You can't sit there and complain that you don't want to do it because it was your choice. It makes the course more interactive and makes it personal. It also includes all the basics that you must do. You must write the first test. You have to do a class presentation and you had to decide on an assessment plan

I thought the various options presented were great. We had a wide variety of choices. From book reports to watching videos to creative endeavors. Case studies and anything else you could think of as long as it was teacher approved. I think they were all viable options because you get decide how you learn.

I decided to do the case studies, attendance, both tests, 2 blogs, and a presentation. I did very well with this breakdown. It got rid of my usual stress associated with group work. I also got to do my class presentation on something I was interested in making a big difference in the amount of effort I put forward.

All in all I think what Les did is a great idea. I think that other courses should try this type of assessment. Although I am sure it is a lot of extra work for the instructors the quality of work you will get form your students will raise. As well if they don't do their plans they have no one to blame but themselves.

Thanks Les for another great semester

James Gimblett

No comments:

Post a Comment