Monday, January 28, 2013

Ethics in the N.B.A.


In the NBA there are many teams who play professional basketball games against each other for the entertainment of us the viewers, but what about all the stuff we don't see behind the scenes. I don't mean the trades and the rumors mills I mean other things like food and drinks being sold at the arenas and the cleaning up of the arenas.

Which brings me to this ethical dilemma i think most professional sport organizations have, which is the selling of liquor during sporting events.  In the NBA they have a law or a rule you can call it that states that no arena can sell anyone any alcoholic  beverages once the 4th quarter starts which makes sense because all these people have to get home after the game and they are. Assuming you can get one or two beers out of your system after one quarter of basketball. 
I feel this would be the case if the average person was buying only one or two beers during the course of a game but I have been to many sporting events were people clearly have had way to many to drink and the arena people aren't cutting them off., but why would you they are spending so much money and you're not their responsibility technically.
I have been to games where they have sold me beer after the 4th quarter had started and I just assumed they could but then later found out they are not supposed to but if they are not responsible for us then why does it matter right make as much money as you can profit Which brings me back to the question can you ever have too much profit?

Useful links.
http://rossnishionba.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/ethics-in-the-nba/   - Speaks about the 2004 Pistons/Pacers fight




Brandon Chambers (friday 8am Seminar)

No comments:

Post a Comment